Monday, September 3, 2012

Walking away

So I have been out of school for two weeks now. It’s coming to the end of September (Thank God!) honestly when I wrote my last blog, I could not predict where I was going to be at the end of the month. my parents and I fell out after four hours of the most embarrassing lecture. It started with Steven who sent my parents an implicating email which my dad responded to in the strongest terms. Maybe I deserved it. which is why I do not blame him or my mum. So two weeks ago I was officially asked to leave home and figure the rest out on my own. it was very terrifying at first but two weeks down the road I’m quite proud of myself for figuring it out so far. I’m currently staying with a friend Eric. Its working out okay but I need a place of my own very soon. In my wallet currently I posses 5,000/= which I hope to use to finalize a project here in Mukono. For the past two days I have been taking some shots of Hamu Mukasa Library which Mike wants to enter into an Architectural competition. I am also in a rush to complete the USP project which is long overdue. If my math works is remotely accurate, I just might have enough saved up from the two projects to pay for a place of my own! I am kind of nervous actually. I mean my whole life is dependant on whether I get paid or not. In fact if I do not get any payment for my work today, I might not have transport to take me back to Kampala. Coming back to Mukono has made me realize how small UCU is for a person like me who has lots of crazy dreams and ambition. I have decided not to pursue any other project with UCU. It’s been a great time, from setting up a campus run podcast (CTV) to this. it has become my comfort zone and I fear if I continue working with it, I might never get to where I want. I am listening to We are young - FUN. And I somehow know everything is going to be alright. Today I walk away from the biggest deal of my life (so far) because I have done it all before. I need to go out into the world and conquer. I hope everything works out. it has to. Thanks Jackie for your text yesterday, “Real men face the world.” It has made me realize what I have to do. I’ll keep all of you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment