Friday, October 12, 2012

Bad week, “If opportunity does not knock, build a door” - Dad

I have not updated this blog in a while. I suppose alot has been going on that I did not know where to start. So far my Job search is so and so. I have a few good opportunities looking up but that’s as far at it goes.
When the week began I was feeling so low that I possibly could not imagine myself achieving some of the things I had set out to do from the beginning, like Making a great movie, shooting an advert, writing an inspirational book and the list goes on. However the negative energy vanished out of the window when I had a chat with my dad over a cup of coffee midweek. At the time I was contemplating on not attending my graduation but I received troubling news that an exam paper I sat for went missing. Its one thing for it to be up to me not to graduate but its another when I am told I can not. My Dad wrote a quote on a piece of paper like he always does and it read, “If opportunity does not knock, build a door.”
It changed the way I was looking at things and his statement added a bit of fuel to a tank that was running empty. For the past couple of days I have tried to keep myself occupied with art and that has kept me going. The going isn’t any easier and I do not expect it to be. I am willing to fight to see some of my ideas turn into reality
"Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment